Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Growing up

Heather is taking a communications class this semester called Communication Applications. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but the class seems to focus on public speaking. She isn't thrilled about it, but it is good for her to get comfortable with talking in front of a crowd. Apparently they have to get up in front of the class once a week and talk about something. For extra credit, she was encouraged to watch someone speak to a large group of people -- her teacher said that going to church would count. So, this past Sunday, Heather went with us to "Big Church" as opposed to the Youth building. She got all dressed up and it blew me away when I saw how she is growing up. The girl is beautiful and stylish! Much to her chagrin, I took some pictures of her. . .

Her fake smile, she was hopeful I would only take one picture.

I kept going, she is just too pretty not to take a picture of.

Daddy being silly
Heather trying to pretend I'm not there. Seriously, does she not look all grown up here?!?!?
This afternoon, she wants to go to a football game at school. We are quite sure a boy she likes is either playing football or going to be there watching the game too. Sometimes, it's hard to let go. She is growing up so fast. Of course, she gets embarrassed if we mention boys, so unless we press her, she won't volunteer the information. She is so pretty, I hope boys appreciate what an amazing young lady she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment