Wednesday, September 29, 2010

ZACHARY

Hmm, I sense a theme here one post on Caleb, another on Heather and now Zachary!

Today, my little man is 18 months old. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was axiously awaiting his arrival. This picture is one of the many days I thought I was in the early stages of labor. I was having regular contractions, we packed our bags and decided to go eat lunch to make sure the contractions were getting stronger and closer together. They ended up tapering off, and Zachary started his big entrance the next Saturday, though he wasn't actually born until the wee hours of the morning on Sunday.

Here is my sweet baby right after he was born

Now my little guy is 18 months old! What a difference a few months make. He went to our pediatrician today, Dr Jan Davis, and he is 31.25 inches long and weighs 26 pounds, 14 ounces. When he was born he was 19.5 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 6 ounces. Zachary says 12 words that we can distinguish, his pronunciation is not very clear. We are pretty sure that other people could only make out 2 words, "mommy" and "daddy". He also says "shoe", "keys", "ball", "Heather", "hi", "bye", "doggie", "cat", "eat" and "beep beep". He understands a lot, he can correctly point to his ear, tummy, hair, head, mouth, nose, shoe, sock & foot. He also can follow simple directions like putting his toys away (though he often chooses not to), come here, beep, beep (for move), sit down, lay down, eat, dance, bounce or jump, kisses, hugs, high fives, clap, scratch (we tell him not to scratch though he tends to take that to mean scratch more), tickle and I'm sure there are a few more that I can't remember.

He is an excellent climber -- too good, in fact. He also is incredibly social. He is happy to talk to anyone and loves attention. He is quite artistic when it comes to his food, he loves to make "modern art". At every meal, he puts food in his hair, his chair, the floor, the table, etc. Here are a few pictures of him creating a huge mess.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I can't believe how fast our kids are growing up! Heather is absolutely beautiful as always and your boys are so cute! I really enjoyed seeing you the other day. Hope we can do lunch on Dec. 4th!!

    ReplyDelete