Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Paul's Birthday, 8th Grade Dance & Mother's Day!!!!!



Last Wednesday was Paul's birthday. He opened his gifts in the morning and Zachary was sure he needed help unwrapping them. Graciously, Zachary offered to help his Daddy. For breakfast we had strawberry pancaked and scrambled eggs. For dinner, Paul requested Pierogies, Dill Cucumbers, Polish Sausage. For dessert, we had Paul's favorite chocolate cake and Becky & Doug came over and enjoyed some with us. It was a pretty nice day overall.

On Friday, Heather had her 8th grade dance and has a new boyfriend named Ian. She was very excited to have a date for the dance and there are even some very cute pictures of the two of them together. Heather looked beautiful, though she seems to have gone barefoot. :) Actually, she said her shoes were too tight and she couldn't wear them. On Mother's Day, I got some very sweet cards, including one from Heather that she got all on her own! It says "Dad might've been the one to pick you... but you're a gift to me too. Happy Mother's Day!" Isn't that sweet? I got some cute crafts the boys made at Pre-school too. The first one is from Zachary and I think it was a fingerpainting craft. The second one is from Caleb and it is his handprint.


Becky also had the boys make me some really cute flower pots with paper flowers that are beautiful! They each made me one and are really cute.

Paul got me a jewelry box that I can use to hang my necklaces, they were getting so tangled up. I have 3 that I still have not been able to get apart but I am hoping to untangle them soon.


Becky, Doug, April & James all came over Sunday for a late lunch of chicken fajitas. April made homemade Charro beans, mild & spicy fresh salsa and fudge! We had a wonderful lunch and all had a very nice time. Becky got a mother's necklace with a birthstone for all her kids, in-law kids and grandkids. Heather, Caleb and Zachary also made her a birdhouse which was really cute.







After everyone left, we tried to get a picture of me with the boys. It was kind of funny because they were both not cooperating. Caleb was being very silly and Zachary just wanted to get away.



One last thing, on Monday, Paul took Caleb to get his first big boy haircut! Paul said he was wonderful and sat very still. Caleb was so excited to get a haircut with Daddy. I usually take him to Cool Cuts 4 Kids, but it is kind of pricey. They have video games and movies to help the kids sit still during their haircuts. I think Zachary is going to have to keep going there for a while. He cries when he gets his haircut and requires constant distraction with the TV.





No comments:

Post a Comment